Al Jazeera suspends 2 journalists for video questioning Holocaust

(JTA) — The Al Jazeera Media Network has suspended two journalists for making a video in which they said the Holocaust is “different from how the Jews tell it.”

On Sunday, the Qatar-based network distanced itself from the Arabic-language video posted a day prior on AJ+, an online channel owned by the media conglomerate.

The network “completely disowns the offensive content in question,” said Yaser Bishr, executive director of Al Jazeera’s digital division, according to the news network. 

The staff would undergo bias and sensitivity training, Bishr said in an email to employees.

In the since-deleted video, reporter Muna Hawa said that the “statistics were inflated by the Zionist movement to help them establish Israel,” according to Haaretz. Hawa also said the Holocaust is “different from how the Jews tell it,” and that the Jews “exploited” the genocide to receive money from Germany.

The managing director of AJ+, Dima Khatib, said the video had been produced without proper supervision and there would be a review of how content is edited.

Share Button