Teen Israel Leadership Institute to offer free virtual presentations
The Center for Israel Education has announced a closing date for applications on Sept. 5, 2021 for its next virtual Teen Israel Leadership Institute (TILI),to be held at 11:00 CDT on two consecutive Sundays, Sept. 19 and 26. Teenagers between 15 and 18 are encouraged to apply.
TILI’s interactive presentations are designed to enhance teenagers’ understanding of Israel and the Jewish State’s complexity as well as its unique role in establishing Jewish identity. Many previous participants at the in-person and online sessions over the past three years have praised the program.
Among those offering feedback:
- A teen from London wrote that the “brilliant programme” taught her “in both an engaging and informative fashion and helped develop my understanding of Israel’s past and present.”
- A young man from Paraguay said, “I was able to compare perspectives and experiences with people from all over the world who sought to expand their Israel knowledge.”
- A parent from Philadelphia said that for her son, “it was one of the best Jewish/Israel leadership programs attended.”
The Center for Israel Education is the creator of the Today in Israel History feature over the CCJN.
TILI focuses on teen interaction and engagement with the sources of Israel’s rich, complex past to deepen appreciation of Israel’s role in shaping Jewish identity. The program provides teens a variety of tools to understand contemporary events with nuance and to share their knowledge with their communities.
Among other topics, the interactive TILI sessions will focus on:
- Zionist and Israeli culture and politics through music.
- Israel’s Jewish and democratic origins.
- Identity and religion in Israeli society.
- Building the state to 1949 — the British-Arab-Zionist triangle.
- Arab-Israeli relations and negotiations.
- Becoming critical consumers of media.
- Israel on campus.
September’s teen institute is for 10th- through 12th-graders. Teens with any level of knowledge about Israel are welcome, but the most successful attendees are willing to engage with their peers and bring an open mind.
Participants who complete the program receive a CIE Teen Israel Leadership Institute Certificate in Israel Education.
The normal $54 registration has been waived, so participation is free.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis, and teens are encouraged to apply as soon as possible at centerforisraeled.wufoo.com/forms/z17eulny17aksgp.
For more information, including additional testimonials from some of the hundreds of past participants, visit israeled.org/teens, or contact CIE’s teen program manager, Michele Freesman, at firstname.lastname@example.org.